Thursday, July 6, 2017

Pact: gone but not forgotten

At the beginning of the year, I signed up for the Pact App. You agree to work out X amount of times per week (five for me!) and then you are paid by the slackers who don't live up to their agreement. I also wagered to log my meals every single day.

If you are the slacker you lose $5/day.

I never missed.

I also, made very little money.

But it did get me to work out a few times that I otherwise might not have. At least twice last week while I was sick.

But in general, they weren't good workouts and in at least two cases, I probably would have been better just sleeping.

On average I made about $1.50 a week. But I was just getting paid for doing what I was going to do anyway.

My goal was to keep it in there for one year to see how much I made. But last week they sent an email out that said they were going out of business. So I guess it's over. I could have done it another week. But I decided the end of six months was a good time to stop.

So I finished up my week and cancelled.

I made $36.90!

For just working out and eating. And logging it all. Which can get tedious, but it was worth it.

I am a little disappointed I didn't make it a whole year. $74 a year would have got me a new pair of running shoes.

As it is, I can get half a pair.

But I might look for a similar app. I need something to motivate me...

No comments:

Post a Comment