Wednesday, July 19, 2017

2017 Restart

Now that I am back from vacation, it is time to get back to business. I haven't been really focused since the middle of June and even then I remember thinking I was just going through the motions.

I still have almost six months of this year left and I am determined to make it the best one yet. I still need to do a pull-up and I still need to run my fastest 5k.

The good news is: vacation didn't too much damage to my weight. Since the 4th of July, I had been tracking, but not sticking to my macros, perfectly. I just stayed under my 1900 calories every day. And that change in carbs every day made my scale jump around quite a bit. But I was hanging around the 6-7 pounds from goal area. That's seems to be pretty much exactly where my body likes to live.

This morning, after five days of vacation, I weighed in at: 8 pounds from my goal weight.

It's time to buckle down and lose those eight pounds. All while getting faster, running longer and pulling my damn body up over a bar.

But I am going to need a plan. I am going to have to run more than twice a week if I am going to get faster. And I am going to have to work my back more than never. Just doing assisted pull-ups isn't going to get me where I want to be. So I need to add in an actual back day. As much as I hate working back, it's the only way.

Here's what I am thinking:

Monday - HIIT + Arm weights (biceps/triceps/shoulders)
Tuesday - 30 minute RUN + Pull-ups (park)
Wednesday - REST
Thursday - HIIT + Shoulders and Back
Friday - RUN with Tracy
Saturday - BodyCombat + Chest and Back
Sunday - HIIT + Legs

This will work my back in the gym two times plus the pull-ups at the park. It will also work my shoulders twice, which is something I really like to work, plus like to look at. I will only do chest once a week and even then only bench press. I am not that interested in chest right now.

The HIIT will hopefully help with my running speed and burn off some of these last pounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment